To get much doodling in during episode 3 of season one of original twin peaks.
so good. So strange.
- The baguette scene is so weird
- Red and black and white again
- Lynch so good at making us feel like voyeurs into these people’s personal lives
- Agent dale cooper becoming more interesting all the time.
update: I’ve been reading the Wikipedia entries for every episode so far, but the entry for this episode is NOT spoiler free. I now know too much, unfortunately:(
Season 1 episode 2, aka “Episode 1“, also known as “Traces to Nowhere”
- What’s up with him hanging upside down? What is that good for?
- can’t get over agent cooper’s dialogue. So good.
- I don’t remember this much black and white and red in the costumes and set design in the pilot
UPDATE: It wasn’t just my imagination. There was a lot of red in this episode. From the wikipedia entry for this episode:
“He (director Duwayne Dunham) also continued the use of a “warm” reddish tint to the footage, using soft coral filters and carefully selected props and costumes to obtain this coloring. This tint was considered important enough that Lynch sent a representative to the network to ensure they understood it was deliberate and not a mistake, for fear that they might correct the saturation to be more “realistic” before broadcasting it.”
Heard the 2017 twin peaks is so good that I’m going back to watch the original so I can catch up.
Season 1. Episode 1.
Going to do this for every episode.
Will be interesting to see if I can hone in likenesses over the course of the show.
And draw more than faces.
Notes I noted while watching:
- Lynch so careful to have a logging truck go in the frame whenever possible.
- Recurring music makes it so dreamlike.
- Cooper so naive and childlike at times.
- So that’s where the phrase ‘fire walk with me’ comes from.
- I wonder if there even is a Diane.
- “When a man’s sweetheart is in the pen for manslaughter the word parole has a nasty ring to it.”
- “Who is the lady with the log?” “We refer to her as log lady.”
- Didn’t realize the sheriff’s name was Harry S Truman until I read the episode 1 entry at Wikipedia.
Silicon Valley Doodles, Pencil, 2014